- More than 16 women die dairy due to preventable pregnancy-related complications;
- Child mortality rate remains unacceptable.
- HIV/AIDS is a leading cause of death especially in women and youth;
- Gender-based practices e.g. girls’ forced early marriages, and men’s polygamous practices continue to make women more vulnerable to HIV.
- Violence against women remains unchecked.
- 57% of youth are involved in drug abuse activities including getting hooked to marijuana, cannabis, tobacco, khat, heroin, and heavily chained to alcoholism.
We implement health promotion advocacy programs with particular focus on HIV prevention, drug abuse prevention, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Maternal and Child Health, and interventions aimed at protecting the rights of women and girls.